Saturday 26 December 2015

What to Fangirl Over

It's funny what 13 year old girls like these days. Actually I wouldn't know. I don't like to ask. I just like thinking that I'm liking the same stuff my other friends do. I like a lot of stuff. Something lego, any Taylor Swift song, any song sung by Matchbox Twenty (weird right?), book series, movie series, book series that were made into a movie. (Actually I don't think my friends know who Matchbox Twenty are.) 

Well I think I actually have a problem. The last 3 years there has been 2 movie series that always come out at the end of the year. The Hobbit and The Hunger Games. But this year The Hunger Games released it's last movie. Now what do I fangirl over?

I can't seem to find a book series that interesting. Right now the only thing I'm reading is 'The Clockwork Universe' and that's about Isaac Newton and the start of the 'modern world'. Am I getting too old for fantasy? Is that why I can't read Maze Runner and Divergent? I've never actually read them. Divergent still lays on my bookshelf unopened (I was waiting until I saw The Hunger Games). 

Mum said I should just start liking Star Wars. Should I? I like The Hobbit and The Hunger Games because I know what was going to happen next. If I watch Star Wars I wouldn't know when to close my eyes (unless the plot is predictable). Mum also said that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' are coming next year. Is that true? It seems like I'm going to go back to being a Harry Potter fanatic again. Oh well.

My friends don't really fangirl over stuff like this. Two of them are infected with K-pop (I'm not that infected), my other friends like doing other stuff. I try to make them like something I like, but it never works (the efforts of a teenage girl). The only thing we have in common is school (not school, but what happens at school). 

Some people say music is what brings people together. I guess that's true (for some people). Let's just say, out of all my friends only I like Matchbox Twenty and it sure brings us together and not feel lonely when they put a song that I don't know because I only like Matchbox Twenty. I guess I'm the one that's weird (who likes Matchbox 20?), I only listen to one artist and support them till the end. Except Matchbox 20. I have no idea when they started and when they ended. 

Fangirling is something we (us Teenage girls) will always go through. We all have different signs when we are fangirling. Usually though I just scream. I scream so much my little sister knows what I'm fangirling over just by hearing.

Just be careful if you're in hearing distance,
A.A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...